Reims is a beautiful city in France known for its rich history and stunning architecture. If you only have one day, our recommendation is to plan to visit Taittinger. It’s a very educational experience.
Be sure to check the opening hours and make reservations in advance for the Taittinger tour and any other activities you plan to undertake during your visit to Reims. Here’s a suggested itinerary for your day in Reims:
- Morning: Explore Reims City Center
- Start your day by visiting the famous Reims Cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Admire its stunning Gothic architecture and take a walk around the exterior to appreciate its intricate details.
- Take a stroll through the charming streets of the city center. You’ll find beautiful squares, historic buildings, and quaint shops along the way.
- Afternoon: Visit Taittinger Champagne House
- Make your way to Taittinger Champagne House, located in the heart of Reims. Taittinger is one of the oldest and most esteemed Champagne producers in the region.
- Take a guided tour of the cellars and learn about the champagne-making process. Explore the underground caves, where thousands of bottles are stored for aging.
- Discover the history of the Taittinger family and their winemaking legacy. You’ll have the opportunity to taste their exquisite champagnes and appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into each bottle.
- Consider enjoying a delicious lunch at Taittinger’s restaurant, Les Crayères, known for its gourmet cuisine and extensive wine list.
- Evening: Enjoy Reims’ Gastronomy and Culture
- After your visit to Taittinger, explore the local gastronomy scene in Reims. The city offers a variety of restaurants and cafes where you can indulge in French delicacies and Champagne.
- If you have time, consider visiting other Champagne houses in Reims, such as Veuve Clicquot or Pommery, to learn more about their Champagne production processes.
- In the evening, if you’re interested in history, you can explore the Palais du Tau, a former residence of the archbishops of Reims and now a museum showcasing artifacts from the cathedral’s history.
- Alternatively, you can simply enjoy a leisurely walk through the city center, admiring the illuminated buildings and soaking up the charming atmosphere.
Enjoy your day exploring Reims and tasting and learning about the world of Champagne!